Friday, July 27, 2012

GUEST POET...REHEMA PETE



DEAD UNDEAD

by Rehema Pete on Friday, July 27, 2012 at 2:36pm ·

Drawing me with her siren’s song
Sweet mother earth was nothing but a hoax
Enticing me to live not in anticipation of Christ’s return
Only to discover that life is a road with death as its host
To which he offers all travelers the rest they seek
So I, before my journey’s end
Intended further but my doom came apace
I found myself in need of lodge
And with death still having vacancy, therein I found great space
but as a reward for the dissipated life I led
The gods so decided that my rest was never to come
A dreamless death to which I was never to sleep
But keep vigil upon the eyes of them who refuge seek
Days turned to weeks as winter dissolved into summer
Counting the dying petals fall that each lay upon my head
With memories of the phony praises that accompanied each
Amid the half hushed sobbing of the hearts that wept for me
I could hear darkness weave her web of silence over me
With the day’s joyful songs long lost in the breeze
As I thought of the sun sinking behind the storm cloud’s frown
I once heard a man walking by
Whispering of how the dew covered grass sway above my head
Never knowing of the rest in their journey bound
Though to me death was nothing but unrest
© Rehema P.
· · · Share  FIND HER ON FACEBOOK- http://www.facebook.com/rehema.pete

No comments: