Wednesday, July 18, 2012

AFRICANS AND THOSE THINGS CALLED RESOLUTIONS:



AFRICANS AND THOSE THINGS CALLED RESOLUTIONS:

You know how you are supposed to come up with a list of “resolutions” at the beginning of the year to try to make yourself a better person?
This year, well I didn’t come up with a list coz over the past years I have found it challenging to stick to them. Dad urged me to come up with one, but the problem is, it’s not easy for me to think of ways to improve myself, because I’m already pretty much one of the best people I know.
And speaking of resolutions, even here in my continent of Africa , many people I’ve seen who come up with them end up even more miserable because they’re indiscipline to the list and so it remains pieces of suggestions on paper. Crap! What a waste!
One thing though I noticed right off the bat is that the people in my family are doing a lousy job sticking to their New Year’s resolutions.
Mom said she was gonna start going to the gym, but she spent the whole afternoon watching TV.
And dad, poor old dad, he said he was gonna quit drinking, but after dinner, I caught him in the garage, drinking on the rocks.
Well, those New Year’s resolutions didn’t even last a full 24 hours.

No comments: