Tuesday, September 24, 2013

THE KENYAN SPIRIT/ # WEAREONE…


So all the evil that bids me harm can go back where they came from… no demonic works performed shall prosper…so tell the wobiah and the science man; gwan cause them can’t squeeze the lion paw!”

The above are the lyrics of encouragement on Tarrus Riley’s tune: “Lion Paw”. He goes ahead to say;

“…should you feel like giving up; let the strength of your ancestors fill your cup…”

That is the reason for this post! To celebrate the indomitable spirit of Kenyans that weathers on despite the ongoing terror at Westgate mall.





I stand before you not only as your blogger; but I come to you as a true son of the soil. I come to you as a Kenya spirit. I come to you with great humility. I am not here to represent the Kenyan spirit. Their action all over the country and the world at large speaks louder that my pen; paper or words could.

I am here for all those voices which were lost at Westgate Mall and cannot be heard- mothers; daughters; sons; fathers and families that bleed for revenge.
I am here to speak of my former boss whom I lost at Westgate Mall and who was with Radio Africa’s Ruhila Adatia during the activation. Mitul Shah; of Bidco Oil Refineries, Thika will be greatly missed.














Those who were with Mitul and survived; say he died a hero- being a shield of cover to the innocent kids as the merciless serial killer sprayed bullets on him.
 We are at war! We hope our men; kids and women have not been wasted to the pages of history- that their courage even while dead; bonds us together.



















That as a nation; we are made stronger by their actions; and that the choices we make today, reflect their bravery.
Yet; terror now stares across the plain at the over 10,000 Kenyans doing good will and winning the evil works of the enemy. This day; we rescue a world from terror and usher a future brighter of good deeds and unity; that anything we can ever imagine
We give thanks to the lessons from Westgate and the brave souls!















No comments: