Thursday, September 26, 2013

BMW X6: SAFETY, COMFORT & PRESTIGE


I am a car enthusiast and a lover of fine souped up rides. Ever since I was a kid; I have been fascinated by cars. I would make car models out of practically anything-milk boxes and uses bottle tops as tires. With time; thanks to my cousin, who apprenticed me- I got into making “professional” cars out of recycled aluminum and copper wires. 

In fact my long time nickname has always been Vin Diesel after the Fast and Furious cinema flick. I even had my own “Pimp My Ride” show with my wire modeled rides.






But that is a story for another day! Last weekend; like many Kenyans, I had the chance to believe and live the “big man big car” experience of the BMW x6.

A lot of car lovers argue that this is an over glorified car aping its off-road predecessor; the BMW x5.

The X6 is a comfy car with excellent interior space. It comes with an on-board computer that keeps check of the car’s condition. Everything in the car is synchronized and computerized; in that the driver can know if there is a problem with a touch of a button. The problem is displayed on the dashboard computer screen.
The sound system and music player is just cool. Entertainment her is assured and checked. Steering wheel controls allow for the selection of 4WD mode. The muscular grille curved headlights, and an extended rear end with two exhaust pipes brings the most cohesive piece of automotive couture of Germany in conjunction with England.
Cabin comfort and le room is exceptional and very good. The alloy-shiny rims make a fine road spectacle. The car’s reversing camera locates wheel position and objects around the car.




Suspension feel is softer and the car revs silently as it picks speed. It is an absorbing off- road bumps car and the many buttons in this car definitely requires studying the manual to familiarize.


One may argue, but the truth is, there is prestige in this vehicle’s every stride. A common adage states that man makes the car and not the reverse; well, the BMW-X6 defies that. Those who buy one know indeed why- the safety, the comfort and the prestige.

No comments: