Friday, August 24, 2012

“I WILL CATCH A GRENADE FOR YOU”; WHY THIS SONG BY BRUNO MARS SHOULD NEVER BE A KENYAN WEDDING SONG…


“I WILL CATCH A GRENADE FOR YOU”; WHY THIS SONG BY BRUNO MARS SHOULD NEVER BE A KENYAN WEDDING SONG…

Weddings! Women love them, men hate them! Over the weekend I was listening to Nairobi’s urban FM station- Homeboyz Radio and the presenter, G-Money made a comment that got me thinking a lot.

Many couples choose a song to go with a jig performance in their wedding. From old love tunes by Lionel Ritchie to tunes like “Step In The Name Of Love” by R Kelly.


But G argued that, you know how you have in- laws who don’t really like you that much. Well, if you choose Bruno Mars’ song- “I Will Catch A Grenade For You”, then one in-law, with the rise in Al- Shabaab threat, may just arise among the crowd and throw one at you, with a remark-“ really! At your face! Let us see if you can catch a grenade for her!”

Then what follows…KA-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments: