Thursday, August 16, 2012

ETANA REPLIES EXCLUSIVELY TO AFRICA’S HANGOUT BLOG ON WHAT REALLY WENT DOWN AT THE BIG TUNES FESTIVAL CONCERT IN NAIROBI KENYA AND HOW THE KENYAN MEDIA PITED A BAD BLOOD BETWEEN HER AND SINGER TARRUS RILEY.




After going to press yesterday on how apologetic (http://bukhungu-bukhanga.blogspot.com/2012/08/an-open-apology-letter-to-jamaicas.html) we were after what Reggae songstress Etana had to endure under the hands of unscrupulous Kenyan promoters, we emailed her the apology letter and even re posted it on her facebook page and on my personal facebook profile. I am humbled to write today that I received a reply from her setting the record straight. I leave you to judge after reading the reply.

Love and respect and thanks for taking the time out to express yourself the way u did. I really do love Kenya and I know ill be back there in the right way. With the right people on the business end.

Blessed love,
S.M.M
C.E.O Freemind Music L.L.C.
www.etanathestrongone.com

Please forwarded message below. All artistes should be warned about Big Tunes Touring Company who were the promoters of the show.Etana's being pregnant has nothing to do with any of the situation. We all went there knowing she's fully capable of performing and expected to be treated no different from the performing artist she is and we expected our contract with the promoter to be honored. Pregnancy does not mean crippled. 
Regards
Andre Morris
Artiste Representative
Freemind Music LLC
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Hello;

Thanks for your apology but the reason for not doing a press conference together is because we were still waiting on transactions to be done by the promoter, things that were not confirmed. 

Even after this with their promises to fix everything both Tarrus and I, in the company of our managers went to the radio station because we wanted to let Kenya know we were there though the business side was still not complete.

For every event, every artist should have their own vehicle and their own dressing room for privacy not because there was a riff. I'm female, he's male, what if I had to chamge an undergarment? Do I do this in front of everyone? Every artist do things differently and for this reason and by my contract and probably even his, we should have my own dressing room. 


Tarrus and I go way back even before the world knew my name was Etana. There is no riff between us and I doubt there ever will be. Business is business and even if we are friends when its time for business every artist need to do what they need to do to have the best show possible. 

I had to wait in the car because both managers were waiting on their balance of outstanding monies from the promoter. I was told by my manager to wait until Tarrus's manager got what she wanted and my manager got what he wanted before going on stage. If there was a Riff the two managers would not work together. NANA and the person who owns the venue made sure all monies were paid and she was not a part of the production team. She did this on behalf of Kenyan people and for that I'm grateful. 

Rumors rumors, smh smart of you to come directly to us to find out what really happened. That's what they should have done instead of writing something they don't know about. I'm sure the respect and love is mutual between tarrus and myself nothing has changed.


Regards,
S.M.M
C.E.O Freemind Music L.L.C.
www.etanathestrongone.com



No comments: