Wednesday, October 23, 2013

THE MAKING OF A KENYAN SOCIALITE



By Embukane Vincent Libosso
She is 20 years; in a private university in Nairobi and she calls herself a socialite. Her mood of dressing is all year round low tops, and always to show off her ample tattooed cleavage. She claims her “two girls” draw men and she maintains her tight dresses to show off her life –sized derriere.
A huge number of university girls who crave for fame and attention are now joining the new socialite girls club that has been over the years pioneered by the likes of the sassy Huddah Monroe, Pendo and Vera Sidika.

Like many other so-called socialites, our campus girls are also the so-called video –vixens and who are willing to pose naked online to be famous.
“I’ve gotten down for many latest videos. I’ve starred in local productions. Am I a celebrity groupie?let’s just say I like getting noticed. When I’m with clelebs, I feel iam with my right kind of people.”

They are after the glamour of showbiz. Her ideal guy is T.D.H: tall, dark and handsome, with dreadlocks; but she wouldn’t mind an older jungu (white man) if he was loaded( moneyed).
I don’t do ma-sufferer! Sipendi ma-boy wa –campo wana-struggle sana. I’m not interested in hustlers.”
Her  order for the day is waking up at noon after a night out at a stripper club. But she is quick to let me know that stripper clubs aren’t socialite hangouts.
What about class? I ask. Well, she sayas she does evening classes and pays someone to sign her in and sit for exams too.



“most Sundays, I go to Gypsy’s; Tuesdays to k1’; Wednesdays to Club Bacchus; Thursdays to Club Changes; Friday to Aqua Club and Sato to Tamasha Hurlingham. I am party girl! I go out everyday”; she says with great pride.
Isn’t it expensive? I pose. She tells me her “goodies” seduce men into treating her for the night. She has never bought any drink at the club.

“if he likes this (pointing at her body features) he will definitely pay-trust me!”
Her role models are Vera Sidika and when she grows up; she’d like to be like Huddah Monroe.
What about your parents? “what parents? I ahven’t spoken to any of them since I moved out. We now sharea a house with two other video vixens. So long as my dad pays the fees and sends me monthly support; I am good to go. When I’m broke, so long as I have cash for a cab, I know I’ll get drinks at the club,” she concludes confidently.






2 comments:

Free dating said...

Socialites are here to stay and if you hate them, prepare for more chagrin

Blogger said...

Did you know that that you can earn cash by locking selected pages of your blog / site?
All you need to do is to open an account on AdWorkMedia and embed their Content Locking plug-in.