Thursday, April 3, 2014

KENYANS FEATURE IN "COCOA NA CHOCOLATE" AFRICAN SONG COLLABO

Liz Ogumbo, Victoria Kimani and Juliani join some of Africa’s biggest music stars for the launch of the song collabroation ‘Cocoa na Chocolate’. It’s a project that has 19 recording artists from 11 countries and representing 10 languages. Their message to African Leaders is Do Agric, It Pays! Be sure the song will make you dance. The African influences in the song make it so authentic.
Today (March 31st) ONE.org, launched one of the continent’s biggest musical collaborations in support of a new campaign to boost investments in agriculture: ‘Do Agric, It Pays. Kenyan artists Juliani, Victoria Kimani and Liz Ogumbo joined a host of other artists to help the org. rebrand agriculture and tell African youth that their future lies literally in agriculture.
Some of the heavy weights in the single release include D’Banj and Femi Kuti from Nigeria, DR Congo’s Fally Ipupa, Cote d’Ivoire’s Tiken Jah Fakoly and South Africa’s Judith Sephuma. The rest include: A.Y (Tanzania), Bufallo Souljah (Zimbabwe), Dama Do Bling (Mozambique), Diamond (Tanzania), Dontom (Nigeria), Kunle Ayo (Nigeria), Vusi Nova (South Africa), Liz Ogumbo (Kenya), Nancy G (Swaziland), Omawumi (Nigeria), Rachid Taha (Algeria) and Wax Dey (Cameroon).
The below are some quotes from the Kenyan artists for the org’s presser.
Victoria Kimani
“I’m a huge fruit and vegetable person and I’m really big on natural foods. My brother is a farmer and outside of that I love the idea of investing in yourself.  I think agriculture is the way forward to be honest with you, not only from a financial aspect, but from giving back and providing jobs.  I think it’s an amazing cause. This amazing campaign is all about investing in land and promoting farming.  My little part is to collect together what everyone is saying their own individual dialect.  It’s an amazing effort and it’s all about ONE, so one love.”
 Liz Ogumbo
“I really believe that if we spend more time reaping in our backyards, farming, and putting our resources together to allow the farming side to happen, then we are going to be saving a lot and build the economy. As a fashion designer I want to wear my blue jeans and make sure that I can be able to get it from my garden – If I can grow that cotton in the village and then come to the city and use that same cotton to manufacture what I’m doing as a fashion designer then I am playing a big role within the economy and that’s what Do Agric is all about.”
Download the song for free, http://www.one.org

By Anyiko Owoko-http://www.upnairobi.com/dt_portfolio/kenyans-feature-in-cocoa-na-chocolate-african-song-collabo/

No comments: