Thursday, June 12, 2014

H_ART THE BAND FINALLY GETS FEATURED ON NTV’S #THETREND

#THE TREND

F
or me as a writer; I remember the first time I heard H_Art the Band perform at the Pawa-254 during a regular event now on poetry and music dubbed Fatuma’s Voices (read it here- http://nairobizblogazine.blogspot.com/2013/08/backstage-pass-with-hart-band-ask-my.html). Tracing that and how I went ahead to blog and write about their new sound-music from the heart (H_Art) meeting poetry, and the other day, I couldn’t be proud to see the band get featured on #TheTrend.

Mark Masai did an awesome job interviewing and hosting the boys. Sing such a band get featured on a major TV station such as NTV was massive for me. And their performance for their hit single “#Uliza Kiatu” just blew me away literally.
#TheTrend; a highly followed evening show; provided that much needed platform to highlight where Kenyan music is now going- and what followed, fans in their legions and numbers online tripling on the social media!


“So where are we now watching H_Art the Band?”  The age of youthful musical bands is here with us. It is a season when artists are not only releasing records but also bringing together all the elements together: music from the heart; rhythm, beat, poetry and melody; to create that ‘good to the ear’ sound.
We have moved from “throw your hands in the air” stuff. The question is, are we ready to embrace this change? The show on #TheTrend also featured Poet Teardrops- a performing spoken word artist. Check him out!

By Embukane Vincent Libosso.






No comments: