Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A BOOK FOR CHANGE CAMPAIGN:





Shalom. Dear treasured friend; I greet you! Sometimes everything in life can change in a moment. Have you ever experienced that? Probably. I bet you have! Have you seen life change suddenly with one event…on one day…in a single moment?

Maybe it was when you got married; held your baby for the first time; saw your dream fulfilled; or made a big decision. These are all life changing moments.

I’m writing to tell you about such a moment in my life. I want to share with you because I believe it can be our moment together. On a missions trip to Kiambu town; I saw something I will never forget. It was an experience that both broke my heart and though I have been adamant; in a way God is now stirring me into action.

I found myself talking to young minds about life; making it in life and believing in their dreams. But despite all this; this little school in the heart of Kiambu County has not known any library.
For some of the pupils; counting one to ten in English was a big problem. Constructing a sentence and having them speak it fluently; was asking too much.

These children- many orphaned and stained by the society; still see hope of someday making it in this harsh world. Shocked and horrified; I thought; this is wrong; somebody should do something.
God is so full of humor. At such times when you think somebody needs to rise up; he hits you; “that somebody is you Vincent!” and this has been my moment. I have tried to shun away that voice but it keep calling to me so strongly. I can stand by and do nothing or; I can act!

My life in ministry has taught me we can and we must do more! The Bible is full of people so ordinary who decided to do more- regular people like you and me who simply responded to a moment that changed their lives. Moses had a moment; Ruth had a moment; David had a moment; the apostle Paul had a moment. Each of these people saw a need; heard God’s voice; and were motivated to act.

And that’s where I believe I am today and where I wish you too would join me.
This is our moment. A time such as this; an opportunity before you and me. There is a need, and we have a chance to act.

As I write today; I feel deep in my heart that God wants me to start a campaign for collecting books and reading materials that we will donate to Tumaini Brooks Centre. It’s a secondary and primary school combined together institution.

We are rallying donation of books that we have stored at home. But there is no limit in this ministry. If you heart is simply to give wherever the need is the greatest; then go ahead.
The needs are great; and I am confident that as we partner together; we will continue to make a difference in people’s lives. I want to thank you in advance for your love and generous support. Let’s not wait another day. Let’s act now. You and I are the “somebody’s” who can help the hurting and hungry people who are waiting for their moment.
One of my “moments” happened in that school of hope in Kiambu. Wherever you find yourself reading this letter today, perhaps your moment is happening right now. God is showing you a need; He is showing you hurting people. And when you give to help the hurting- I can speak from experience- your life will never be the same.

Thank you for joining me in this moment.
Offering hope to the hopeless;
Embukane Vincent Libosso.

For more information; call +254(0) 716 659 166; email: vlibosso@yahoo.com or find us on Facebook: Snyder family ministries.


No comments: