Wednesday, June 13, 2012

“I WILL WAIT FOR YOU” (THE REMIX-REFIX) ORIGINALLY BY JANETTE…IKZ (P4CM- PASSION FOR CHRIST MOVEMENT)


“I WILL WAIT FOR YOU” (THE REMIX-REFIX)
ORIGINALLY BY JANETTE…IKZ (P4CM- PASSION FOR CHRIST MOVEMENT)

So it all seemed cool for everyone to be in a relationship
But me
Mama always said I was beautiful,
But beautiful wasn’t enough
So I took matters into my own hands
And ended up with him
Him who displayed the characteristics
Of a liar, cheater, an abuser and a thief
So why was I surprised when he broke into my heart
We were just friends, I claimed
But deep down I had already decided
From day one that even though it wasn’t,
I would make him the one
You know what; I was tired of being alone

My sand clock ticking, come on ladies
You understand the age-gap where you’re tired
Of always being the bridesmaid
I wanted to be the bride, so I took him for a ride
He had a form of Godliness but not much
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I was gonna make him the one
And didn’t God not command us to reach the ungodly in the great commission?
But hey, hey, I can change him
He is close, enough!




All clogged with my will
I stopped his will from flowing into me
Through my ignorance He saw
Cracked open my heart and put in a renewed heart
A renewed spirit
I fully comprehend how much I need to wait on you
See, the bad thing is I knew he wasn’t from the beginning
Because from the beginning was the word
And he didn’t even shine like your son

Out of the abundance of the heart
The mouth speaks
And all he could whisper were sweet nothing
He couldn’t even pray when I needed him to
Asking him to fast would be absurd
And out of this world. So forget it!
Forget about being cleansed and washed by the water through the word




But I know you
You are already praying and interceding for me
Day and night
Even though you haven’t met me
Let me assure you I will wait for you
I will not date, communicate or socialize
To appease my boredom and quench my thirst for attention
His first name Luke, his last name Warm

I won’t settle for false companionship
Attempting to find warmth on the embrace of his arms
I will stay in my bed alone
With my poems on how I will wait for you
Not flirting with how much I can get away with while saved
He won’t even come close
Our fingers won’t even interlock
We won’t even exchange breath
Coz I have thoughts that I have saved
Thoughts that only the Father equips you to open

I will no longer get ranted down from so-called friends and family talks
About the concern for my biological clock
When I serve the author of time
Who is not subject to time, but I to Him
He has the sole ability to stop, pause, fast forward or rewind at any given time




If we could role-play, you could be Abraham
And I Sarah
Oh, you could be Isaac
And I Rebekah- a servant’s answered prayer
I am bone of your bone
Flesh of your flesh
Made up of your rib
And once we meet, like electrons
I will be bond to your nucleus
Completely indivisible atoms
We even speak the same math
One plus one plus one equals three
But really equals one if you add them

We were all created in His own image
But you have the ability to project
Reflect and even detect the son
If I were to explain what you look like
You’d have to look like the star
A son of the sun
I’d gain energy simply from the light you shine on me
I would need you in order to complete my photosynthesis
I will await your Revelation
But then again, from Genesis
I will wait for you




And I will know you because when you speak
I will be reminded of Solomon’s wisdom
Your ability to lead, will remind me of Moses
Your faith will remind me of Abraham
Your confidence in God’s word will remind me of Daniel
Your inspiration will remind me of Paul
Your heart for God will remind me of David
Your attention to detail will remind me of Noah
Your integrity will remind me of Joseph
And your ability to bend on your own will
Will remind me of the disciples
But your ability to love selflessly and unconditionally
Will remind me of Christ

But I won’t need to identify you by any special math-use
Or any special mark
Coz His word will be tattered all over you heart
And you will know me and find me
Where the boldness of Esther meets
The warm-closeness of Ruth
Where the hospitality of Lydiah
Is in line with the submission of Mary
Which is engulfed in the tears of a praying Hannah?
I will be the one drenched in Proverbs 31
Waiting for you!




But to my Father- my Father who has known me before I was birthed to this earth
Only if you see fit
I desire your will above mine
So even if you call me to a life of singleness
My heart is content with you
The one who has seen
You are the greatest love story ever told
The greatest love ever known
You’re forever my judge
And I am forever your witness
And I pray forever I be found
About my Father’s business
And I will always be yours
And I will always wait for you Lord
More than the watchmen wait for the morning
More than the watchmen wait for the morning

 I will wait!
     

No comments: