Monday, May 28, 2012

FINDING GOD


FINDING GOD:

Well, you know, sometimes God allows things to happen in your life, to make you stronger, and if you are not careful, they could cause you to lose faith if you let it. See, at one point in time I had a house, car, money and I thought I had it going on. I had all this material stuff, and I was missing God.
You see, God doesn’t care how much sin you in, if He wants you, He’s gonna reach deep down, inside all of it and just snatch you right up out of it. He doesn’t care. No, I didn’t care though. Just a little young, knuckleheaded kid raised by his mom.
My mom used to pray for me all the time. Mom could pray to Jesus like his kingdom would come. Anyway, I remember the day- it was me and my 2 brothers in the car.
We had 3 kilos of cocaine in the trunk. Police got behind us and pulled us over. They told me to say it was mine since I was the youngest. I did. Got me 12 years in prison. As they say- he, who does the crime, has to do the time-that’s the street vibe.
Now, don’t get me wrong, prison is a bad place, but that’s where I found God. See, ain’t no amount of money worth the peace I have right now. I can’t walk everyday looking over my shoulder, not knowing if this is the day I go to hell. That’s no way to live.
So now, every morning I wake up, it’s new mercies that I see. I’m a saved man, a new man and I know it. I know it.

No comments: